Thursday, February 5, 2009

Monk's Empire Strikes Back


Three months since I posted here. One of my friends has demanded penance for that in the form of a formal apology- which I include here: I formally apologize.
Noone's reading this anymore, obviously- but I still want to keep this record of a lizard's life, so I'm going to write it anyway.

Really the main reason that I stopped writing is, well, see- a lizard doesn't do much. When we got into the swing of caring for him and keeping him happy, he settled into our daily routine. You don't take as many pictures of him eating a bug once you've seen him eat a hundred bugs.

And he isn't like a dog or a baby- he just sits or creeps around slowly. He's doesn't want to play fetch and he never wants you to read him a story. Still, we love him and we're pretty sure he's figured out that we aren't going to eat him, so there is a little bit of a relationship there.

So it's sort of like halfway between owning a dog and owning a lamp.

So there wasn't much to say. It was like the time between movie sequels, when all was quiet in the Empire.

Then everything went ass-over-teakettle with the chameleon.

We bought him the new cage and everything went wrong, and threw Monk into full preadolescent furious rebellion, and we thought for a while there that we'd killed the chameleon.

I'll post some pics tomorrow. He's big and (almost completely) happy again.

6 comments:

ButterPeanut said...

oh, some of us are nerdy enough to have subscribed to the RSS feed of this blog, so these posts are not just disappearing into the either.

(and this post was really funny)

cyr said...

yes yes yes ... tell us all about the CBC radio mention of Monk ... the day without electricity and almost dying of Monk ... the monkness of Monk ...

ps. i have to type in "Moesses" to make this work so plural Hebrew founding prophets for all and a pint from Homer's friend!!!

sue said...

You're still in my RSS feeds too David.

I miss the CBC.

julia said...

This blog is the funniest thing ever. I've been laughing out loud.
I can't believe you bought a reptile...and that you are blogging about it. AWESOME! Hope you are well.

Jam said...

Hilarious David.
RSS starts now.

Last-Minute Man said...

I still read, too! I don't do the RSS feeds ... they give me a rash.